ServiceNow’s Quebec release: the benefits of upgrading today
Written By: Abhijeet Yadav
With ServiceNow’s latest software release, Quebec, we can see many exciting new features and enhancements brought to their already market-leading platform.
I have taken some of my favourite additions and improvements to the platform, many of which ServiceNow have tailored to this years’ enterprise challenges, including improving productivity, elevating customer experiences and simplifying the ability to respond to escalations rapidly.
IT Service Management
- Automate support for common requests with virtual agents powered by natural language understanding (NLU).
- Use machine learning algorithms and virtual agents to automate routine tasks and increase the productivity of agents.
- Service Velocity dashboard: Get full visibility into any process or service with built-in dashboards.
- ITSM mobile agent: You can access work assigned to you or your group, receive push notifications, and approve or reject change requests and requested items.
- Edge Encryption for ITSM Virtual Agent within ITSM.
IT Business Management
- Application Portfolio Management (APM):
Get visibility into your applications to manage costs, ensure alignment, and easily adapt to change.
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM):
Manage your entire project life-cycle from idea to execution across your technology and business portfolios.
- Innovation Management:
Enable your employees to submit ideas for new products and features. Track and convert ideas to demands, projects, stories.
- Funding workflow:
Enhanced and simplified processes for top-down and bottom-up funding makes it easier for you to request and allocate funds to investments.
IT Operations Management:
- On-demand service environment: Improves cloud utilization, drives down costs, automates recommendations to the right size, shuts down based on business hours, automates requests.
- Instantly see the service impact of your infrastructure issues and changes, simplify root-cause analysis, and reduce mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Certificate Inventory and Management: Automatically discovers TLS/SSL certificates, creating a comprehensive inventory in your CMDB.
- Firewall Inventory and Audit: Allows you to manage your firewall policies in the same place you manage your infrastructure. It discovers your firewalls along with their policies, versions, and other attributes.
These above are just some of the many new exciting features available in the Quebec release, and you can access the release notes here.
With ServiceNow operating an n-1 model (n being the latest release and n-1 being the previous release), we are finding that it is becoming increasingly important for customers to upgrade at least once per year to ensure access to the latest capabilities.
At Unifii, a ServiceNow Elite Partner, we can assist in every aspect of your upgrade journey and give you full confidence that your upgrade will be a success. With over 150 successful upgrades to date, we will ensure your upgrade is planned and managed from start to finish by a dedicated team of consultants.
If you’re interested in finding out more about what we can do to help, please get in touch here.
Abhijeet Yadav is a Principal Consultant at Unifii, focused on ITOM (discovery, Service mapping, event management). Abhijeet previously worked as a technical trainer with ServiceNow, conducting professional courses for ServiceNow partners and customers.